Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Stone Meditation Kit: A Peek Inside

Want a look inside my rough-and-tumble meditation kit? I like to include a variety of stones, in a variety of forms, so that I'm ready to go wherever my intuition and my creativity may lead.  I like to choose between beads, faceted stones, cabochons, tumbled stones, and even 100% all-natural crystals.

If you're not sure where to start with your crystal meditation, here's a suggestion I like. There are seven colors of the traditional rainbow, which corresponds to the traditional New Age Chakras. I also like to have two more stones, one at my feet and one over my head. That's a total of nine stones to place on the chakras for the meditation. The honorary "colors" of clear/light and grounded/dark are placed at the ends of the traditional ROYGBIV rainbow of Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet. Make sense?  It goes something like this:

Overhead -- a white or clear crystal like the Herkimer Diamond or another high quality quartz
The crown chakra -- a Violet stone like this Amethyst Crystal from Vera Cruz, Mexico
The "third eye"  -- an Indigo(ish) stone like this North Carolina Ruby
The throat chakra -- a Blue stone like this Sodalite
The heart chakra -- a Green stone like this Malachite
The solar plexus -- a Yellow or Golden stone like the faceted Citrine from Brazil
The belly chakra -- an Orange stone like this Carnelian
The root chakra -- a Red stone like this Banded Hematite
Grounding -- a black stone like this faceted Smoky Quartz also from Brazil



I have now published a complete book containing my thoughts on working with the chakras using crystals to enhance your prosperity. You are free to read this blog online but if you'd like my thoughts all in one convenient place, you can buy the ebook here:



You can buy the paperback here:

Crystal Cash Chakra Magick: The Rainbow Path to Prosperity






Photo Notes:  Stones from the Peachfront Press collection, copyright 2016, all rights reserved