Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Third Eye Chakra Stones: See the Truth

How much money would you have saved if you could see the future? We've all made stupid purchases. Most of us have made bad investments. Even rich people with a flock of advisers around them end up falling for the Enrons or the Bernie Madoffs out there. You can work all the prosperity magick and draw all the cash flow in the world, but if you've got a leaky bucket that lets the money flow right back out into the gutter again... you've got a problem.

We work with the third eye chakra-- that spot in the middle of your forehead between and somewhat above your physical eyes-- to gain insight into what's happening around us and, often, into what might be happening in the future. You can get into endless debates about whether or not we have free will or whether our lives are determined by fate. I tend to think that there is little purpose to magick if you can't influence your fate. We want to clear the third eye and see into the future so we can change the things we don't like.


It's fairly impractical to wear a stone on the third eye for any length of time, and maybe that's as it should be. Most of the time, we need to focus on the now. However, when you need a look ahead, try meditating on a yoga mat flat on your back with an amethyst point or a flourite cube resting on your third eye for the duration of the meditation. The rest of the time, I don't actually have the third eye stone in physical contact with my third eye. Instead, I keep a small tumbled Amethyst or crystal point Amethyst in my pocket or medicine bag, while I will place a larger Amethyst sphere (a so-called "crystal" ball) near my divination tools like my Tarot cards.

As you can probably tell, I'm all about the Amethyst for working with this chakra. But there are many others you can use.

For example: Another stone I have on my desk to influence me every day is a large first-sized purple flourite crystal. Many magickal workers feel this is a quite intellectual stone, and it encourages me to make better decisions based on information I already have. Most of the time, when we're presented with some incredible investment "opportunity," we do have enough information to know it's a scam. Not all of the time. I honestly don't know how the Madoff victims could have been expected to know, since he had such sterling credentials. But, most of the time, if something sounds too good to be true, we know what we should do. Get calm, get away from the emotions and into the intellect, and ask yourself sincerely if the potential pain of financial loss is worth the potential gain. Meditating with a somewhat "intellectual" stone like Flourite can be a great way to do that.

I have now published a complete book containing my thoughts on working with the chakras using crystals to enhance your prosperity. You are free to read this blog online but if you'd like my thoughts all in one convenient place, you can buy the ebook here:



You can buy the paperback here:

Crystal Cash Chakra Magick: The Rainbow Path to Prosperity

More fine specimens of natural Amethyst from the Peachfront Press collection:











Chevron Amethyst--